Friday, July 11, 2008

F.A.Q. #2: Are There More Sites Like Yours?

Scott writes about the Hockey Card Cyber Museum, "Love the site. This is something that I've been looking for. Oustanding job by you! Do you know of a similar site that would contain more from the '90s?"

The short answer. No, but I don't spend a lot of time looking anymore either.

The slightly longer answer (with hope). No, but as I stated on the HCCM home page, at some point all O-Pee-Chee complete sets from 1980-1989, and all Upper Deck complete sets from 1990 through the present day will be there - which, of course, means the '90s would be well represented.

The even longer answer. No, at this point I hope I don't find one, because a large part of the driving force behind the site was doing something that wasn't being done already. I have no desire to reinvent the wheel, and as deadly boring as scanning is, I doubt too many folks are going to get juiced about starting up another site that basically amounts to the same thing - but I could be wrong about this.

No comments :